- What opening options can HS-Portal® sliding doors have?
Scheme А: two parts. One is moving, the other is stationary.
Scheme AF: one part. Moves beyond the adjacent wall completely.
Scheme EF: two parts. Both move beyond the adjacent wall completely.
Scheme C: four parts. The two central ones are moved apart, two extreme ones are stationary.
Scheme D: two parts. Both are shifting.
Scheme Е: three parts. Two are moving, one is stationary. Opening on 2/3.
Scheme F: three parts. Each is shifting. 1/3 opening in the center or side.
Scheme G: three parts. The central one is shifting, the two extreme ones are stationary. 1/3 opening in the center.
Scheme H: four parts. Each is shifting. 1/3 opening in the center or on the side.
Scheme К: three parts. The two extreme parts are shifting, central is stationary. Opening on 1/3 from any party.
Scheme L: five or six parts. Three or four central parts are moved apart, the two extreme ones are stationary.
- How to calculate the cost of HS-Portal® sliding doors?
To obtain the current prices for our products and services, you should fill out a request form indicating your contact details.
- Is it possible to install a mosquito net on the HS-Portal® door?
Yes, we offer two options for sliding mosquito nets for HS-Portal® sliding doors: Scenica and Scenikit nets produced by the Italian company Bettio. There are also sliding nets in wooden frames that are completely identical to the leaves.
- Is it possible to include regular windows and doors into my order together with the HS-Portal® sliding doors?
Yes, we carry out such orders. We can produce wooden windows and doors (balcony and entrance doors) from glued timber with a cross-section of 78x78 mm, 78x100 mm, 78x130 mm. Such windows and doors are equipped with glass units, tilt-and-turn fittings and meet all modern requirementsю Besides, they are combined with HS-Portal® doors in configuration, color, etc.
- Is it possible to become an HS-Portal® partner in my city?
Yes, we invite constructors and window workers from all regions of Russia to cooperate. Dealer program conditions are available upon request.
- Does HS-Portal® work with other window manufacturers?
If your company produces wooden windows but does not produce sliding terrace doors, and they are present in the order, we can execute such order together with you. The conditions for such cooperation are discussed individually in each particular case.
- What is the lead time of an HS-Portal® sliding terrace door?
The average lead time is 30-45 days. The term can be extended if there are not necessary fittings in our warehouse. In this case, it will be ordered individually at the manufacturer in Germany.
- What is the difference between HS-Portal® terrace doors and other types of sliding doors?
The HS-Portal® sliding terrace door is a window-door structure that retains all the properties of modern wooden windows and doors but is technologically different from them in its structure. HS-Portal® doors do not have hinges, brackets or other wearable parts. The doorstep of the HS-Portal® allows you to retain the floor inside and outside at the same level, and the guide raises only 16 mm. As a rule, other sliding structures are constructed based on a window or door profile, that is, by their design they repeat a window or a door, differing only in furniture and the way of opening. At the same time, in the boxes of both of these portals, a lower timber, which rises above the floor by 68, 78 or 92 mm is necessarily assumed. Therefore, when operating other sliding doors through this timber, you will need to either step over or arrange a step in this place, adjusting the difference in the floor level inside and out so that this step is the lower beam of the portal. In sliding doors, where there are brackets and hinges, the leaves will constantly press on them with their weight. If such structures are open for a long time, then this inevitably leads to wear of the hardware and sagging of the leaves. Also, the doorsteps of most other sliding doors contain grooves and recesses that become clogged with dust and rubbish during operation. Inside these grooves, there are usually rollers holding the leaves, so the grooves must be constantly cleaned, regularly lubricated and maintained. The design of the HS-Portal® sliding terrace doors is nothing like this, so their important advantages are “indestructibility” and ease of maintenance. Dust and even dirt on the doorstep of the HS-Portal® door in case of dirtying will not affect its operation in any way. You can clean it with an ordinary rag or broom - it will be enough.
- What profile does HS-Portal® use for glazing terraces?
We use glued laminated timber with a thickness of 68, 78 or 92 mm, the same as for the manufacture of wooden windows. Unlike aluminum glazed terraces, our structures are warmer, more sealed and can be much larger. Besides, wooden frames do not have internal empty spaces and, unlike aluminum, condensation does not collect in them. Respectively, an additional drainage system or drainage holes is not required.
- What material are HS-Portal® sliding terrace doors made of?
HS-Portal® doors are made from glued laminated timber; the main species used are pine, larch, oak, and ash. Other types of wood are available on request.
- Does HS-Portal® work with materials other than wood?
No, we use only wood as our construction material.
- At what stage in the construction is it best to install HS-Portal® sliding doors?
The most ideal option is to order HS-Portal® sliding terrace doors immediately after installing the rough screed, before any other work with the floor indoors and outdoors. In this case, it will be possible to completely drown the doorstep of the sliding door into the final floor covering both indoors and outdoors, to ensure the correct spillway and minimize the height of the doorway between the room and the street.
- What heating appliances do you recommend next to the HS-Portal® sliding terrace doors?
We recommend the installation of floor-mounted convectors.
- When is it best to install floor mounted convectors next to the HS-Portal® sliding doors?
These works are best done immediately after installing the HS-Portal® sliding doors, before starting work on installing underfloor heating and flooring. There is an example of a correctly installed convector in the photo.
- Is it possible to lock the HS-Portal® sliding door leaf to be locked with a key?
Yes, such an opportunity is provided, but it is necessary to be agreed upon in advance when placing an order. By default, a handle without a key is installed and can only be opened from the inside.
- How many compaction circuits do the HS-Portal® sliding door leaves have?
On the sides of the leaf, there are two circuits of the rubber seal, on the top of the leaf there are three contours.
- What are the maximum weight and dimensions of the HS-Portal® sliding door leaf?
The maximum admissible weight of the leaf is 400 kg. The recommended leaf height is not more than 3000 mm. The leaf size in width by weight and height, in principle, is not limited. However, you should remember that a leaf larger than 2000 x 2500 mm and weighing more than 160 kg will be quite heavy during operation.
- Is it possible to make an HS-Portal® sliding door 3 meters high?
Technically, this is possible. We installed HS-Portal® doors of higher heights. Examples of such designs are presented on the website. Height restrictions may occur be due to the characteristics of a particular object. For example, if the HS-Portal® door experiences strong wind loads, its height will be reduced.
- Is it possible to open the leaf of the HS-Portal® sliding door not completely, but partially and fix it in this position?
Yes, it is possible. The HS-Portal® door leaf stops and locks anywhere.
- Is it possible to produce an HS-Portal® sliding door, in which the leaf is not only pushed to the side but also tilted back for ventilation?
No. That is, technically it is possible, but our company does not install such designs for customer safety reasons. Let the hardware manufacturer forgive us for this excessive caution. The ventilation mode in the HS-Portal® sliding doors is also present so that the leaf can be pushed back 10 mm, fixed and also locked with a key. The only difference between this mode and the hinged one is that a ventilation slot is formed not from above, but along the side parts of the leaf.
- Which glass units are installed in the HS-Portal® sliding door?
In timber products of 68 mm the installation of double- or triple-pane glass unit up to 32 mm thick is possible. In a 92 mm timber structure, glass units with a thickness of up to 54 mm can be installed. We recommend using glass units only with tempered glass.
- How reliably does the HS-Portal® sliding door retain heat and prevent street noise?
It is as reliable as a modern wooden window with a unit glass.
- What does the "lift-slide opening principle" mean?
The lift-slide fittings of the HS-Portal® sliding door remains a jack that does not stand rigidly on the floor but is rolling. At the moment of turning the handle, the mechanism is set in motion, and this "jack" lifts the leaf 5-7 mm above the floor, and the rollers allow it to roll freely along the guide rail. After stopping the leaf where necessary, you turn the handle back, the "jack" lowers it down, and it stands under its weight.
- Is it possible to use the HS-Portal® door as a room divider?
It is possible, but it may seem too expensive to you compared with the offers of other companies producing room dividers.
- Is it possible to use the HS-Portal® sliding door to glaze the balcony by glazing the opening not from floor to ceiling, but from the railing to the ceiling?
Yes, it is.
- Is it possible to install another filling (sandwich panel, panel, etc.) in the HS-Portal® sliding door instead of a glass unit?
No, we are not doing this.
- Can the HS-Portal® door hide into the wall when sliding?
Yes, it is possible, but you need to study the design of the room in detail and agree on some details. Here is one of the implemented projects of this type.
- Is it practical to install the HS-Portal® sliding door in places of intensive operation (cafes, shops, etc.)?
Yes, if you apply silver doorsteps that do not have a color coating and do not change their color as a result of wearing through heavy traffic through them.
- Is it possible to use HS-Portal® wooden doors in a pool room?
It is possible if ventilation and heating are set up in the right way, and a drainage system is also working.
- What varnish coating do the HS-Portal® doors have?
HS-Portal® doors are coated with water-based paints ONLY. The manufacturer of varnish or paint may be any proved themselves. We mainly use Teknos, Renner, Sayerlack, Zowosan.
- Is it possible to individually select the color of the varnish coating for the HS-Portal® doors?
Yes, it is possible, but it increases the cost of the project.
- What colors can the HS-Portal® door handles be?
By default, all metal parts are silver. But other options are also possible. Doorsteps are silver and bronze. Handles are white, brown, silver, bronze. Locks are silver, bronze. Seals are gray, black.
- Is it possible to automatically open the doors of the HS-Portal®?
Yes, there is such an opportunity. But using the HS-Portal® door as a sliding door at the entrance to the store will not work, because the drive will first turn the handle and then slide the leaf. But to open and close the doors of the HS-Portal® between the hall and the terrace, pressing the button on the remote control is possible. But the cost of such drives and consoles is quite high and is sent on request.
- Is it possible to install the HS-Portal® doors in a half-timbered house?
It is possible: there are schemes are specially designed for half-timbered houses: AF scheme with one leaf and EF with two leaves.
- I need to order the glazing of the terrace of my house. How to calculate the cost?
The price for glazing terraces and verandas is calculated individually. You can get a preliminary price by sending us:
1) a sketch with dimensions (in free form);
2) a photo of the location of the proposed construction;
3) the exact address of the object. The exact cost of glazing the veranda and the terrace is calculated after leaving the place, making measurements and preparing the project.
- Can you glaze an open terrace, on which there are no openings for constructions and no roof?
If we are talking about attaching a veranda to an existing building on an open area, as shown in this photo, then your order can be completed as a half-timbered annex.
- Is it possible to install a mosquito net on the entrance of the veranda?
We offer mosquito nets for HS-Portal® doors in two versions. The first is the use of mosquito nets by Scenikit and Scenica of the Italian company Bettio. Another option is to install mosquito nets in the sliding leaves as the second raw from the outside of the building
- What is the difference between HS-Portal® doors and frameless glazing?
Frameless glazing of the veranda and terrace suggests that only glass moves along the guides. As a rule, frameless glazing is very light, cold, it is difficult to resist the wind. It does not provide for the preservation of heat. Our option, HS-Portal® sliding terrace doors, is the warm glazing of the terrace with sliding structures consisting of frames with glass units, seals and locks. Such structures are hermetically sealed and technologically have all the properties of a modern wooden window.
- What is the difference between the HS-Portal® doors and aluminum doors?
Aluminum sliding door profiles are empty inside. Condensation is collected there, which can then drain into the room through the drain holes. HS-Portal® doors made of solid glued laminated timber are free from this. Wooden leaves are much thicker and stronger than aluminum.
- How does the HS-Portal® door glazing withstand the wind load?
If the sliding frames of your terrace are constantly exposed to direct strong winds, for example overlooking the open balcony with sea views, we can offer a particularly strong configuration of the sliding doors of the terrace and a system of reinforced locks.
Is it possible to use the HS-Portal® sliding terrace doors to be used as an entrance to the balcony?
Yes, it is possible. And this will not contradict the requirements for the apartment replanning since the design will be warm.
Is it possible to individually select the color of the veranda?
Yes, for example, when glazing the veranda and terrace in a wooden house, we can choose the color of our products to match the color of the paintwork of the house itself.
Is it possible to glaze a stand-alone arbor and integrate HS-Portal® doors into it?
Yes, we can glaze arbors in the same way as terraces. The main thing is that the design of the arbor is strong enough and it is possible to fix a construction into it.
Is it possible to make HS-Portal® sliding doors of smaller height and use them as windows?
Yes, the lift-slide opening principle can also be applied in windows. Most often it is used specifically for glazing terrace windows.
I need to make panoramic glazing of the terrace of my country house, whereas part of the openings should have swing doors, and not sliding. Is such an order possible?
We make ordinary swinging wooden windows and doors only as an addition to our main products. If the main part of your order is HS-Portal® sliding terrace doors, we can also include windows of other models.
Is it possible to produce the HS-Portal® sliding terrace door with a transom on top?
No, we only produce sliding structures for floor-to-ceiling glazing. But if there are also hinged doors or windows in your order, then they can be of any configuration, also with transoms.
Is it possible to use your sliding structures for glazing winter gardens?
It is possible, but in this case, the customer has to maintain the temperature and humidity conditions indoors, which is necessary for the normal and safe operation of wooden products.